CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- I am currently working as Principal Investigator, based at the University of Bologna, of the ERC Starting Grant research project BIT-ACT Bottom-up initiatives and anti-corruption technologies: how citizens use ICTs to fight corruption funded by the European Research Council, from 2019 to 2024.
- Since 2015, I have been involved as a collaborator expert on social movements in the research project Oil-Tourism Interface and Social-Ecological Change in the North Atlantic funded by the Insight Grant, Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
PAST RESEARCH PROJECTS
- From 2015 to 2019, I worked at the Scuola Normale Superiore as the Principal Investigator of the research project PiCME – Political participation in Complex Media Environments: A Multi-Level and Multi-Method Approach funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research through the grant S.I.R. – Scientific Independence of Young Researchers.
- From 2015 to 2017, I have been the co-investigator of the Social Movements and Media Technologies Seminar Series, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and jointly organised by the Centre for Global Media and Democracy (CGMD) at Goldsmiths University of London and the Centre on Social Movement Studies (COSMOS), Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences, Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence.
- From 2015 to 2017, I worked as co-investigator in the Protest Media Ecologies: Communicative Affordances for Social Change in the Digital Era funded by the Insight Development Grant, Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- From 2013 to 2015, I have conducted research on social movement and civil society actors struggling against corruption and organized crime in Italy and other European countries, in the framework of the ANTICORRP project, funded by the European Commission and with the WP11 research team at the Scuola Normale Superiore.